Our water, wetlands, and wildlife are being poisoned. Our communities are in traffic gridlock and lack the basic services we need to thrive. We fail to build sustainable infrastructure to support the accelerated development we continue to experience in our great state. We must find a better balance of growing our economy and protecting our quality of life in the Lowcountry.
Statewide Sustainability Strategy
- Acknowledge the truth of climate change.
- Oppose offshore drilling and seismic testing.
- Empower local governments to adopt strong environmental policies that go beyond state law to best protect their communities.
- Promote new renewable energy initiatives and green industries.
- Develop and institute a State Water Plan that reforms state water use, withdrawal policies and protects Lowcountry water from upstream pollution.
- Invest in fiscally-responsible and environmentally sustainable infrastructure and public transportation.
- Mandate a full-scale environmental study and public input for large-scale development projects like the Cainhoy Plantation Development to protect our most valuable resources.