Health care is an investment in our future. Every man, woman, and child in this state should have health coverage with a reasonable deductible, and not just because it is our moral responsibility, but because our economy depends on it.
Health problems are a major drain on the economy, resulting in 69 million workers reporting missed days due to illness and reducing economic output by $260 billion per year. -CDC 2017
Since January 1, 2014
South Carolina has rejected
$4.7 Million per day
194,000 SC Residents
the coverage gap
17,900 are military veterans
63,000 are low-income near-elderly
- Work with our governor to expand Medicaid in South Carolina.
- Bring back the money we have paid into the federal government for our state's health care costs.
- Fund the South Carolina Community Health Centers with expanded Medicaid dollars.
- Invite more healthcare providers to South Carolina to participate in the ACA Exchange.
- Invest in our community health centers focused on preventative medicine.
- Create accessible psychiatric and drug rehab centers to take pressure off emergency rooms.
- Legalize medical marijuana to advance the fight against opioid abuse and expand treatment options for a broad variety of illnesses.
- Protect every woman’s right to make her own health decisions.
- Protect women’s access to contraception options.
- Ensure quality, accessible prenatal care for all women.
- Amend the SC Nursing Mothers Act with provisions set out in House Bill 4717.