Government officials and their economic development partners have done a great job attracting businesses to South Carolina. It's now time to invest in our people so our economy works for all of us. We must pay a livable wage for every person working a full-time job in our state. It’s time to end government subsidies for businesses that allow them to pay sub standard wages to hard working South Carolinians.
It’s time to invest in our workforce and refocus our state’s economy on the simple American principle of an honest day’s pay for an honest day’s work.
Grow Our Economy And Empower Our People
- Protect retirement security.
- Protect and expand workers’ rights to bargain collectively.
- Create and enforce policies to protect workers from Independent Contractor classification abuse.
- Mandate development with tiered housing prices included adequate affordable housing so people can live where they work.
- Raise the Minimum Wage to $15 an hour.
- Institute equal pay laws for women and other marginalized groups.
- Coordinate government resources for workforce training to close the skills gap.
- Collaborate with businesses to expand and develop new technical programs in our high schools and technical colleges.
SC Ranks 32nd For Highest Housing Wage
$15.83/hour required to afford a 2 bedroom rental home.
87 hours/week required at the minimum wage to afford a 2 bedroom rental home.